Genious Communications, the data controller, is a limited liability company incorporated under Moroccan law whose head office is located at 290, Assif B, Marrakech 40,000, registered in Marrakech Trade Register under number 28655 (hereinafter referred to as “Genious Communications”, “we” or “us”).
- Covers personal data that we collect through our websites or mobile applications;
- Describes how the information collected via our websites is used and protected;
- Provides information concerning your rights of access, rectification, deletion or opposition relating to your personal data.
This processing was authorized by the National Control Commission for the Protection of Personal Data (CNDP) under number D-GC-93/2016 of 04/05/2016.
1. Processing of personal data
Personal data is any information collected and saved in a format that allows to identify you, either directly or indirectly, as an individual.
The provision of information marked with an asterisk on the data collection forms is mandatory and necessary to consider your request in order to provide you with the response or requested service.
In addition to this information, we also collect information that you agree to communicate to us or that we collect in our legitimate interest or within the framework of our legal obligations.
Below you will find:
- The categories of personal data that we use and keep about you;
- The purposes for which this information will be collected;
- Data processing’s applicable legal bases.
2. The people concerned by personal data collection
In the course of providing our services, we may collect information relating to the following people:
- The users of our websites and / or our applications,
- Customers, and / or where applicable their administrative or technical contacts,
- Candidates for employment,
Hereinafter collectively referred to as “you”, “your”.
3. The categories of personal data that we collect and the purposes of the collection
3.1. Data you voluntarily provide to us
- Last names and first names
- Company’s Name
- E-mail address
- Postal Address (including Postal Code, Department, City and Country)
- Phone number
- Fax number
- Domain names
- Employment History and Academic Curriculum (for job applications)
- Any other data required by ICANN or our vendors to demonstrate your compliance and eligibility for certain services.
Main purposes of processing:
- Create and administer your account;
- Manage marketing offers sending;
- Provide the Services you order;
- Update and improve the performance of the Services we provide to you;
- Manage your application for one of our job offers and assess your suitability for the position concerned (for candidates for employment);
- Respond to your questions and support requests.
3.2. Data collected automatically
This data may include your IP address, device type, operating system details, unique identification numbers (including mobile advertising identifiers), browser type, browser language, geographic location (explained in detail in the “Location Information” section) and other technical information.
Main purposes of processing:
- Improving the quality, relevance and security of our Sites and Services in order to provide a personalized experience to users of our websites and services (For example by displaying the Services that interest you, in the appropriate language and currency);
3.3. Data we obtain from third-party sources
We may receive personal data about you from third party sources but only if those third parties confirm your consent or are required or legally authorized to disclose it to us.
These third-party sources represent such things as recruiting agencies, payment services, resellers and other partners who sell our products and services to you, etc.
The types of information we collect from these third parties include contact details, CVs and ordering information.
Main purposes of processing:
- Assessment of your suitability for a position (for applicants for employment);
- Blocking of fraudulent payments;
- Provision of our services.
Cookies and Similar Technologies Policy
3.5. Location information
We may collect various information relating to your location, in particular general information (examples: IP address or postal code, ...) and more specific information (example: the GPS functionality on mobile devices to access a site, product or service).
If you access our Services through a mobile device and do not want your device to provide us with location information, you may turn off GPS or any other location functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do so. Consult your device manufacturer's instructions for details.
Main purposes of processing:
- Personalize the services provided to you, such as the content of our websites and the functionality of our services. (To do this, your location information may be shared with our agents or suppliers)
4. Other purposes of processing your personal data
4.1. Management of customer accounts:
As part of the Contract that binds us with you (as a Client of Genious Communications), we collect and process some of your Data for:
- Provide customer support and manage your accounts;
- Process your orders and commercial documents (quotes, invoices, etc.);
- Check the compliance of the use of products and services with our conditions of use;
- Contact you (including by email) regarding expiration or renewal of services and other related notifications;
- Maintain our customer database and records.
4.2. Surveys and market studies
We may use the personal data of users who participate in our surveys for analytical purposes to better understand the demographics, interests and behavior of our users, to measure and increase customer satisfaction, and to improve our products and services.
4.3. Network monitoring
We may process logs and other data about access and traffic passing through our network and equipment for the purpose of:
- Monitor availability and performance;
- Perform maintenance;
- Monitor security, threat research and other scientific researches;
- Develop new products and services;
- Improve existing products and services;
- Create statistics;
- Write reports and analyze trends.
5. Legal bases for the processing of personal data
Our legal basis for collecting and using personal data will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we only collect your personal data when you expressly consent to the processing of your data (for marketing communications, for example), or when the processing is necessary to ensure the performance of the contract that connects us to you, so that we can comply with our legal obligations, to protect your vital interests or those of another person, or for the satisfaction of our legitimate interest.
For more information, please contact us by email at the address mentioned in the "Contact" section.
6. Sharing and disclosure of your personal data
We may need to communicate your personal data, in the unique context of being able to satisfy you when using our Services, to internal recipients and / or to external recipients. Internal recipients :
This is all internal staff involved in providing you with Genious Communications Services or to manage your account such as technical service, sales, administrative and financial services.External recipients :
- Our payment processing and fraud prevention service providers, Marketing, Web statistics, Web hosting, Messaging, Antispam;
- Our providers of SSL Certificates;
- Any national administrative or judicial authority requesting the communication of your personal data to the extent that the law requires it. This type of disclosure may be required in connection with any lawsuit, petition or investigation, government request, legal order, enforcement of legal rights, etc.
- ICANN and the other Registries (such as: ANRT, Verisign, etc.), in application of the contracts that link us to each of them;
- WIPO, to the extent that applicable regulations so require;
- Anyone else with your consent to the disclosure.
In accordance with our instructions, our suppliers and service providers may process or store personal data in the performance of their duties.
7. Data conservation
We store your information for a period of time proportionate to the purpose for which we are processing it within the limits imposed by laws and regulations and according to the periods imposed by our suppliers, ICANN, a contract or by similar applicable obligations. to our activity.
For applicants for employment, their information may be kept in our database to contact them about future opportunities, unless the individuals concerned decline it.
By using the websites and services of Genious Communications, you guarantee that we are of legal age.
If you believe that we are processing the data of minors, please contact us via the address mentioned in the "Contact" section below so that we can erase it, if necessary.
9. Your rights
In accordance with the law "Informatique et Libertés" of January 6, 1978 as amended and the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) (the "RGPD") and law 09-08 relating to the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data, you have the following rights:
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you;
- The right to ask us to update or correct any personal information about you;
- The right to request a copy of your data. These copies may be invoiced;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time, when this processing is based on your consent;
- The right to object to the receipt of commercial and marketing communications;
- The right to erasure and this, only to the extent that the data is no longer necessary for the Services purchased or required for our legitimate products for legal or contractual requirements. (note that certain data is required for the provision of certain services, in particular that of domain names and SSL certificates);
- The right to restriction of processing. Here the limitation will depend on the nature of the service that we provide to you, such as the registration of domain names which requires physical contact data;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data concerning you;
- The right to lodge a complaint with a regulatory authority, namely in Morocco the CNDP.
You can exercise these rights at any time by sending us an e-mail at the address mentioned in the "Contact" section.
10. Personal data security
Genious Communications implements the appropriate means to preserve the security and confidentiality of data, via reasonable physical, administrative, technical and organizational protection procedures that meet the highest security standards. These protection procedures vary depending on the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store and the current state of technology.
Indeed, Genious Communications has an Information Security Management System certified ISO 27001. This certification proves that we have put in place the technical, human and organizational means necessary to maintain security, integrity and confidentiality of the data we collect.
In addition, you are solely responsible for the security and confidentiality of the login credentials that you have created or received to access your customer area.
or at the following postal address: 290 Assif B, Marrakech 40,000.